I never plan ahead for breakfast during the week, so if I’m lucky I’ll grab a banana and a Greek yogurt on my way out the door. It’s the healthier and cheaper option.
If I’m not lucky and I’m running out the door I’ll try to stop on my way to the office for a breakfast sandwich. Not so healthy or cheap!
I’m not a vegan but I am trying to eat healthier, and of late I am trying to “get back on track” with my “crappy eating.”
Since I’m working from home this week (what with the apocalypse ’round these parts), I thought I would try this. It does require advance planning since it has to chill overnight, but as long as you have the ingredients and a seal-able container (and electricity!), it literally takes 4 seconds to prepare.
I was unsure how I would like “pudding” made from chia seeds… but let me tell you… it was absolutely delicious. And chocolate-y. And really filling.
This one is a keeper, folks.
Raw Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding (for One)
Raw & gluten, dairy, egg and refined sugar-free
- 4 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 c. non-dairy milk (I used unsweeted vanilla almond)
- 1 Tb cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- drizzle of agave for sweetness (optional, but i did)
- Toppings of choice (fruit/nuts — I used bananas)
- Place all ingredients into a mason jar or other sealable container. Screw top tight and shake vigorously.
- Place in refrigerator overnight (chia seeds will expand as they set).
- Mix with a spoon and pour desired toppings on top.