Life has been busy with work and home responsibilities. I had taken off April 5th to do some major cleaning/purging around the house, but that didn’t happen, because I wound up having to work. I had a huge project I had to finish up… and because I didn’t finish on the 5th I also had to work on the 6th, which was an official “my-office-is-closed-and-I-should-not-be-working” day.
So… instead of having a 4-day weekend two weeks ago… I am having one this weekend. But my husband is working Saturday and Sunday… so I am on full time Mommy duty all weekend.
I’ll get some things done, but that fire in my belly that I felt on the 4th and 5th for everything I had to do around the house? So Gone.
Things I will do:
1. Continue on getting my garden together. This is taking a lot longer than I’d thought. I remember seeing this post by To Be Frank and thinking, ok, we’re talking an afternoon. A few hours. Let me tell you… um, it’s taking a bit longer than that. This past Sunday, I started. I spent time going to the local hardware/garden store and getting a few supplies and tools… and then I had to take a hacksaw and cut two 6-foot long wooden garden stakes in half. So that was some additional “unbudgeted” time… oh, and also? I didn’t consider that taking a pitchforky thing and digging up a strip of grassy earth that is 10 foot by about 1 foot would be so 1. fricken HARD or 2. take so effin LONG. (Note: the actual garden will be about 3 x 10 but only about 1 x 10 is grassy… the rest is a former, uh “wild” flower bed.)
2. Exercise. But that takes me to my next, ahem, random fact: today was the first day in about 2 weeks I was able to get to the gym. And it sucked because it’s been about 2 weeks since I’ve been to the gym. I haven’t been able to get there because of my work or my husband’s, plain and simple… but because I am off, and because my trainer guilted me into it, I committed to go and work out with said trainer tomorrow and Friday. So I won’t be able to walk at all this weekend! (Me: OH shut up and stop whining. Me: OK *hangs head*).
I had seen this post by Fork & Beans back on the 6th of April… so I guess now is as good a time as any to say that I am going to take the official Fork and Beans “Take a Hike Challenge!” I’m committing to some form of physical activity, whether it be gardening, gym exercise, cleaning, running in the park with Chloe…”30 minutes every day for the next 30 days”. Let’s see how this pans out…
3. Food. Hmm. Hasn’t been so good. Nothing to be super proud of and writing home about. Have I been eating processed food? Some. Have I been eating sugar? Yes. Have I eaten meat since Lent ended on Easter? Yes. Did you see the title of this post? Yes…
In other news:
1. Inspiring in so many ways: I just found this blog. Read her story. Totally wow.
2. I have committed to doing the EIF Revlon Run/Walk on May 5 in NYC. My cousin was recently diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and I am walking for her. She is 44, a mother of 3 and just had a double mastectomy… and while she will need chemo she just found out her cancer was contained in the one lymph node and she will not need radiation treatments — which is wonderful news =)
3. There is probably more news to share, but not now. I have to go to bed so that I may wake up refreshed to start my 2 days of SO MANY THINGS.